10 November 2009

Time in 1:30 + Thinking about the title

Today I'd love to wrap up the Nell/Michele piece I've been working on. I've been using the title "Songs of Optimism" for it. This came to mind as something I've been thinking about personally which I'm sure has influenced my selection of the expressions for this piece. 

In this series, I want to allow for many interpretations and to represent complex psychological states. In this latest piece I see strength, transcendence, pain, power- contradictory emotions with the common demand for hope. I can't help but think of the title "The Agony and the Ecstasy" because sometimes those penetrating feelings manifest themselves in similar expressions. When I think of the word "optimism" I initially imagine happy hopeful faces and perky people picturing the glass half full. However in reality, optimism can be experienced as urgent demanding and severe.
TO DO:
Nell: cool hot spot on right cheek
Michele: lips- volumize
Background: clean up white
varnish
photograph 
add to website
update news page on site

PLAYLIST: 
My chill mix tape
Murder Room by PD James
Bird York
Massive Attack
Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment