29 November 2009

Checkmark, etc.

I finally finished the piece I've been working on which I've titled "Songs of Optimism." It was basically finished a while ago but I needed to touch up a few areas in the clothing. I could probably obsess over it a while longer but sometimes you just need to step away and be done.
 


Just a few reminders of newsworthy items:

I had 3 pieces included in the latest issue of Leaf Garden Press's publication. It is a small independent press which features writers of prose and poetry and visual artists. 

I'm assisting with a benefit for World AIDS day this upcoming week. On December 5th, there will be a fundraiser including an art auction,  spoken word performances, and a collaborative mural which I am designing. Proceeds raised will support the Bridges of Healing Project and the Ubuntu Global Village. Their mission is one of empowerment for children and youth living on the streets of Durban, South Africa. More details can be found on their Facebook page including ticket prices and donation information. 

My upcoming solo show at Fermilab Gallery in Batavia, IL opens in March 2010 and will continue through May. Also during March I will be giving a lecture on my work at the gallery. 

In Fall 2010, I will be participating in a group show at LUMA (Loyola University Museum of Art) of artists of varying faith backgrounds.  Wicker Park Grace, where I currently have work on display, is curating a group show of interfaith artists whose work reflects something about their faith practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment