22 April 2011

Working on a gray day

Time in: 3:00pm

I've been chipping away at these paintings in my new series, starting over multiple times on each canvas, searching for the direction to push. It seems I take one step forward, two steps back; I get excited and then discouraged, and am waiting for something to jump out from these new paintings that is what I'm looking for/trying to coax out from this work. So far in one of these paintings there is an excellent cluster of brush strokes on one cheek, a jawline that blends into the background in a way I really like, and an eye made up of a few simple blocks of color that I'm happy with. It's a short list, but it's something.

To do:
Another coat on background
Hair definition- look at references
shoulders- figure out angle
eyes- fix?

Wood panel florals
sketch out next painting
Deanna- ??

Playlist:
Jack Johnson
Van Morrison
An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
The Books- Lemon of Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment